We are committed to protecting your personal information, otherwise known as data, to maintain your trust and confidence in us.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to let you know how we collect, use, share, transfer and otherwise process information about you.
Who are we?
Company: B2B Portals Ltd
Address: Chelmsford, Essex, EX2 5DW
Data Protection Representative: Phil Joslin
Contact email: email@example.com
Personal data is any information that relates to a natural living person who can be identified from the data. We collect no Personal Data (previously known as sensitive personal data) from you. Our data collection relates solely and directly to the details we need to supply your business with quotations, information and support.
Should this change at any point we will inform you what category of data we are collecting or that we obtain from any third party concerning you.
What information will we collect about you and why do we process it?
In order for us to provide the services to you, we need to collect certain personal data.
When you contact us we collect the following information:
Your name, business address (including correspondence), telephone numbers as supplied, email address.
We are intent on collecting only the information that is appropriate for business purposes and does not invade your privacy. Where we need to contact you for marketing purposes we will seek additional consent.
Do we share that data with anyone else?
There are occasions where B2B Portals is required by law to share information provided to us with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.
There may also be situations where we are under a duty to share your information, due to a legal requirement. This includes, but is not limited to, disclosure under a court order, the police for the prevention or detection of crime or where there is an overriding public interest to prevent abuse or serious harm to others and other public bodies (e.g. HMRC for the misuse of public funds in order to prevent and detect fraud).
For any request to transfer your data internationally outside the UK/EU, we will make sure that an adequate level of protection is satisfied before the transfer.
B2B Portals Ltd is required to protect your personal information, inform you of how your personal information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your personal information can be shared. The personal information you provide to B2B Portals Ltd in confidence will only be used for the purposes explained to you and to which you have consented. Unless, there are exceptional circumstances, such as when the health or safety of others is at risk, where the law requires it or there is an overriding public interest to do so. Where there is cause to do this, B2B Portals Ltd will always do its best to notify you of this sharing.
How long will we keep your data?
We will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes of the processing. We keep some data for the length of time determined by statute.
What rights do you have as a data subject?
As an individual, you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the GDPR.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access – you have a right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to correct the data that we hold about you that is incomplete or inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – under certain circumstances you can ask us to delete data that we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask us to restrict the processing under certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that we transfer information about you to another organisation.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
In order to exercise your rights, you need to contact us and we will send you a subject access request form.
Can I withdraw consent?
Yes, you can withdraw consent at any time. Please contact the Data Protection representative as above to request a withdrawal of consent. Please understand that withdrawal of consent may interfere with the delivery of service under the terms of our Software as a Service Contract.
How do I find out what data is being held about me?
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, or you have a complaint please contact us at the email address above. There is no charge for this service.
You need to submit a Subject Access Request to us and we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the relevant information, including the following:
- The identity and contact details of the person or organisation that is processing your personal data.
- The contact details of our Data Protection Officer or Manager, where appropriate, or the company’s representative.
- The reason and the legal basis for the processing.
- Whether the processing is based on legitimate interest.
- The categories and special categories of data.
- How long the data will be stored for.
- Whether the provision of the personal data is a contractual requirement or a statutory one and whether and what the consequences are if the individual fails to provide the relevant data.
- Any details of automated decision making, such as profiling and any relevant information about the logic involved in the decision-making process, including the significance and expected consequences of the processing.
Who do I complain to if I’m not happy?
If you wish to complain about how your personal data is being processed by us or any third party that processes data on our behalf, or how your complaint has been handled by us, you can complain by contacting us on the details above or direct to the supervisory authority:
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Document Control and Change History
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review, it was last updated July 2020.